Using an Android Phone without stock Android sometimes gives headaches to the users. The main problem which the users face about the official customized OS is unwanted pre-installed apps. Just like all the pre-installed hated apps, NativeDropBoxAgent is one of them.
Since it can’t be removed from your phone, but you can stop running it on the phone easily. So, Let’s start understanding “NativeDropBoxAgent”.
What is NativeDropBoxAgent?
NativeDropBoxAgent is a pre-installed service in Motorola Android devices. As the name suggests, this app service is related to Dropbox but it is not true. On research, we have found that NativeDropBoxAgent is nothing to do with Dropbox. So, the users don’t want this app to take their battery or to take their phone’s memory. To stop sacrificing the phone’s overall performance, many users want to delete this app.
But, as said above, this app can’t be removed but can be stopped from running. We can use the “Force Stop” option to stop this app completely.
Before Start, these are the pre-steps –
Android phones always get app updates if you have not stopped it manually. So, it might be possible that all the pre-installed apps also got updated. That’s why we have to uninstall the updates of the application.
- Go to the phone settings either by notification panel or by a menu option.
- In the settings menu, search for the “Apps” option.
- Under this, search for “dropbox”
- When found, click on it. And then, click on Uninstall Updates. The app updates will be uninstalled.
- After that, you can clear data and cache as a complementary purpose.
How to Fix NativeDropBoxAgent Problem in Android –
—> Disable NativeDropBoxAgent
- Rush in the settings menu again and tap on the Apps option.
- Now, again search for dropbox and then tap on NativeDropBox.
- Then you will see two options, Disable and Force Stop.
- Tap on Disable. Then confirm the device with Yes, if the system asks you to reset the app to factory defaults.
–> Force Stop Option for NativeDropBoxAgent
- After tapping on the NativeDropBox app, there is an option to force stop the app.
- Tap on it. This will disable the app temporarily and your NativeDropBoxAgent will be fixed.
If you are still facing performance issues with your Android, then you can download any antivirus from the play store and scan your device for malware. Sometimes, the malware from the internet installed as a service in Android phones and creates problems for the users. If this will not help you to stop lagging your phone, you can simply boot into the safe mode and cross-check the phone and battery performance to reach any conclusion.
Unofficial Way to Remove NativeDropBoxAgent – Requires Root
Many of you might be unaware of Android rooting. Rooting is the procedure by which we get the admin rights to do almost anything with the device. If you are aware of the rooting, then continue reading otherwise leave from here. You can root your device with kingroot, supersu, magisk, etc.
Caution: Rooting may cause permanent damage to your device.
If you succeed in rooting your device, then there are many apps available to uninstall pre-installed apps. These two are personally picked tools to uninstall any pre-installed app like NativeDropBoxAgent.
Steps to Uninstall Any App using System App Remover –
- Open the System App Remover App.
- Search for the app. Here, in this case, search for NativeDropBoxAgent.
- Then you will see the option for Uninstall. Simply tap on it.
- This will uninstall the app and the app get stored in the trash for future installation
- You can further delete it by going to in Trash section.
If you owning a Motorola phone and suffering from performance issues like battery and ram, then check for NativeDropBoxAgent and disable it by using Factscoops guide to remove NativeDropBoxAgent temporary to permanently by official or unofficial way.